Learn External Ballistics
an LGT classroom-only course to understand ballistics
This comprehensive class covers external ballistics. Students will gain knowledge of how a bullet travels along its trajectory and the forces that affect it. Ballistic software application demonstrations cover features, benefits, and practical use. This course does not include live-fire drills. In other words, this is a classroom-only course to educate shooters on what happens to a bullet from muzzle to target. A great start to your journey to becoming a precision rifle shooter. Above all, please take our PR-101 Precision Rifle class next!
Ballistic topics will include:
- What are the main forces affecting bullet flight?
– For example, understanding bullet flight, understanding forces, and their magnitude.
- How do atmospheric conditions impact trajectory?
– Study the effects of change in an air mass of bullet travel.
– Combining all of the pieces for a “firing solution.”
- Slope shooting
– Uphill and Downhill trajectory.
- Bullet energy
– Kinetic energy vs. momentum.
- Bullet design – Why is it important?
– A topic misunderstood as it relates to external ballistics.
- Ballistic software application programs
– An overview of various programs: firstly, how to build data sets and, secondly; how to utilize them for a quality final “firing solution.”